Parltrack is a European initiative to improve the transparency of legislative processes. It combines information on dossiers, representatives, vote results and committee agendas into a unique database and allows the tracking of dossiers using email and RSS. Most of the data presented is also available for further processing in JSON format. Using Parltrack it's easy to see at a glance which dossiers are being handled by committees and MEPs.
Parltrack currently monitors the European law-making using the data available from europarl.europa.eu. The data is being scraped from OEIL, EP plenary minutes, online MEP profiles, IPEX and parliamentary committee agendas.
The EP releases this data under the following terms:
As a general rule, the reuse (reproduction or use) of textual data and multimedia items which are the property of the European Union (identified by the words '© European Union, [year(s)] – Source: European Parliament' or '© European Union, [year(s)] – EP' ) or of third parties (© External source, [year(s)]), and for which the European Union holds the rights of use, is authorised, for personal use or for further non-commercial or commercial dissemination, provided that the entire item is reproduced and the source is acknowledged.
As long as the European institutions do not provide everything as raw data in open machine-processable formats, there can always be some errors in the data being scraped, so all warranties for the fitness of this data are void.
The image of the EP plenary is by Stefan Marsiske, under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
* we opt to ask you to donate instead of selling your private data.
Parltrack is inspired by Tratten.
The following persons have earned eternal gratefulness for directly contributing to Parltrack Erik, Peter, Asciimoo, Smari, Sandra, Niels, Andreas, Rufus, Michel, Eric, Xavier, Jeremie, Bram, Pudo, Kirsten, Karsten, Javier, Rejo, Ante, Walter, Benjamin, Glyn, Ton, Gijs, Felix, Anne, Theodora, Danya, Matthias, André, Cory, Marco.
The maintainer(s) of Parltrack would like to express their deepest datalove to its supporters during the Parltrack 2013 funding campaign: András Veres-Szentkirályi, Julien Rabier, Rafael F.Font, tilmann_ch, Yoann, lowry1, Mélissa Richard, Mael Bunet, Karsten Gerloff, Rémont, Fabian Hanneforth, Tomas Hecker, Markus Ostenried, Felix Erckenbrecht, Walter van Holst, Mario Gustke, Lucie Post, David Gayou, Jacques Kreitmann, Sara Magdalena Goldberger, Felix Treguer, wintersolutions.de, Nico Madysa, Dave Durant, Daniel Bohrer, Kai, Jonathan Gray (@jwyg), Kai Nikulainen, Jérôme Lang, Ulrich Maasmeier, Dr. Maximillian Dornseif, Thorsten, David Hermanns, Christian Drieling, Piet, Ulf Mayer, Manfried Meyer-Stumpf, Forskningsavdelningen, Claudia Borges, Johannes Jähnke, Marco Nolden, Fabian Hanneforth, fin, Herbert Waloschek, Frederic, Lutz Mache, Alain, Raphael Brandis, Alek Tarkowski, Tilmann Z, Alexander Mikhailian, Jean-Grégoire Foulon and a bunch of anonymous supporters.
- Number of MEPs: 3597
- Number of Dossiers: 23629
- Number of Votes: 126533
- 2014/11/22 2014/0327(NLE) EC/China Agreement on Maritime Transport: accession of Croatia to the EU. Protocol
- 2014/11/21 2014/2197(INS) Motion of censure on the Commission
- 2014/11/21 2014/2946(RSP) Delays in the start-up of cohesion policy 2014-2020
- 2014/11/21 2014/2959(RSP) Summary expulsions and proposed legalisation of 'hot returns' in Spain
- 2014/11/21 2014/2964(RSP) Recognition of Palestine statehood
- 2014/11/21 2014/2966(RSP) Opinion from the Court of Justice on the compatibility with the Treaties of the Agreement between the European Union and Canada on the transfer and processing of Passenger Name Record (PNR) data by air carriers to the Canadian Border Services Agency
- 2014/11/21 2014/2967(RSP) Commission’s impact assessment guidelines
- 2014/11/21 2014/2968(RSP) Outcome of the G20 meeting
- 2014/11/21 2014/2969(RSP) Pakistan: blasphemy laws
- 2014/11/21 2014/2970(RSP) Serbia: the case of accused war criminal Šešelj
- 2014/11/21 2014/2971(RSP) Iraq: kidnapping and mistreatment of women
- 2014/11/21 2014/2973(RSP) Digital single market
- 2014/11/21 2014/2975(RSP) Commission jobs, growth and investment package
- 2014/11/21 2014/2977(RSP) Evaluation of the bank stress tests