Parltrack is a European initiative to improve the transparency of legislative processes. It combines information on dossiers, representatives, vote results and committee agendas into a unique database and allows the tracking of dossiers using email and RSS. Most of the data presented is also available for further processing in JSON format. Using Parltrack it's easy to see at a glance which dossiers are being handled by committees and MEPs.
Parltrack currently monitors the European law-making using the data available from europarl.europa.eu. The data is being scraped from OEIL, EP plenary minutes, online MEP profiles, IPEX and parliamentary committee agendas.
The EP releases this data under the following terms:
As a general rule, the reuse (reproduction or use) of textual data and multimedia items which are the property of the European Union (identified by the words '© European Union, [year(s)] – Source: European Parliament' or '© European Union, [year(s)] – EP' ) or of third parties (© External source, [year(s)]), and for which the European Union holds the rights of use, is authorised, for personal use or for further non-commercial or commercial dissemination, provided that the entire item is reproduced and the source is acknowledged.
As long as the European institutions do not provide everything as raw data in open machine-processable formats, there can always be some errors in the data being scraped, so all warranties for the fitness of this data are void.
The image of the EP plenary is by Stefan Marsiske, under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
* we opt to ask you to donate instead of selling your private data.
Parltrack is inspired by Tratten.
The following persons have earned eternal gratefulness for directly contributing to Parltrack Erik, Peter, Asciimoo, Smari, Sandra, Niels, Andreas, Rufus, Michel, Eric, Xavier, Jeremie, Bram, Pudo, Kirsten, Karsten, Javier, Rejo, Ante, Walter, Benjamin, Glyn, Ton, Gijs, Felix, Anne, Theodora, Danya, Matthias, André, Cory, Marco.
The maintainer(s) of Parltrack would like to express their deepest datalove to its supporters during the Parltrack 2013 funding campaign: András Veres-Szentkirályi, Julien Rabier, Rafael F.Font, tilmann_ch, Yoann, lowry1, Mélissa Richard, Mael Bunet, Karsten Gerloff, Rémont, Fabian Hanneforth, Tomas Hecker, Markus Ostenried, Felix Erckenbrecht, Walter van Holst, Mario Gustke, Lucie Post, David Gayou, Jacques Kreitmann, Sara Magdalena Goldberger, Felix Treguer, wintersolutions.de, Nico Madysa, Dave Durant, Daniel Bohrer, Kai, Jonathan Gray (@jwyg), Kai Nikulainen, Jérôme Lang, Ulrich Maasmeier, Dr. Maximillian Dornseif, Thorsten, David Hermanns, Christian Drieling, Piet, Ulf Mayer, Manfried Meyer-Stumpf, Forskningsavdelningen, Claudia Borges, Johannes Jähnke, Marco Nolden, Fabian Hanneforth, fin, Herbert Waloschek, Frederic, Lutz Mache, Alain, Raphael Brandis, Alek Tarkowski, Tilmann Z, Alexander Mikhailian, Jean-Grégoire Foulon and a bunch of anonymous supporters.
- Number of MEPs: 2989
- Number of Dossiers: 11688
- Number of Votes: 12218
- 2013/06/19 2012/2124(REG) EP Rules of Procedure: rules on voting and contents of reports in the consent procedure
- 2013/06/18 2012/2124(REG) EP Rules of Procedure: rules on voting and contents of reports in the consent procedure
- 2013/06/19 2012/2799(RSP) Review of the Irish Presidency
- 2013/06/19 2012/2800(RSP) Programme of activities of the Lithuanian Presidency
- 2013/06/19 2012/2808(RSP) Conclusions of the European Council meeting (27-28 June 2013)
- 2013/06/19 2013/0169(COD) Management of expenditure relating to the food chain, animal health, animal welfare, plant health and plant reproductive material, 2014-2020
- 2013/06/19 2013/0177(NLE) Hague Convention 1965 on the Service abroad of judicial and extrajudicial documents in civil or commercial matters in the interest of the European Union: accession of Austria and Malta
- 2013/06/19 2013/0181(COD) Statistics for the macroeconomic imbalances procedure
- 2013/06/19 2013/0190(NLE) Adoption by Latvia of the euro on 1 January 2014
- 2013/06/19 2013/2072(INS) Election of the Ombudsman
- 2013/06/19 2013/2105(INI) Implementation of the Common Security and Defence Policy (based on the Annual Report from the Council to the European Parliament on the Common Foreign and Security Policy)
- 2013/06/19 2013/2109(INI) Review of the European Arrest Warrant
- 2013/06/18 2013/2109(INI) Review of the European Arrest Warrant
- 2013/06/19 2013/2110(INI) EU approach to resilience and disaster risk reduction in developing countries: learning from food security crises
- 2013/06/18 2013/2110(INI) EU approach to resilience and disaster risk reduction in developing countries: learning from food security crises
- 2013/06/19 2013/2111(INI) Social protection for all, including self-employed workers
- 2013/06/19 2013/2112(INI) Effective labour inspections as a strategy to improve working conditions in Europe
- 2013/06/19 2013/2113(INI) European strategy on plastic waste in the environment
- 2013/06/18 2013/2113(INI) European strategy on plastic waste in the environment
- 2013/06/19 2013/2114(INI) Private copying levies
- 2013/06/18 2013/2114(INI) Private copying levies
- 2013/06/19 2013/2115(INI) Undocumented women migrants in the European Union
- 2013/06/19 2013/2116(INI) Implementation of the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC
- 2013/06/18 2013/2116(INI) Implementation of the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive 2005/29/EC
- 2013/06/19 2013/2117(INI) EU Justice Scoreboard - civil and administrative justice in the Member States
- 2013/06/18 2013/2117(INI) EU Justice Scoreboard - civil and administrative justice in the Member States
- 2013/06/19 2013/2119(INI) 29th annual report on monitoring the application of EU Law (2011)
- 2013/06/18 2013/2119(INI) 29th annual report on monitoring the application of EU Law (2011)
- 2013/06/19 2013/2547(RSP) Significant increase in Norwegian duties on agricultural products
- 2013/06/19 2013/2583(RSP) Opening of negotiations on a plurilateral agreement on services
- 2013/06/19 2013/2655(RSP) Completing the Digital Single Market
- 2013/06/19 2013/2670(RSP) Road safety
- 2013/06/19 2013/2672(RSP) Resolution on strengthening European democracy in the future EMU
- 2013/06/19 2013/2673(RSP) Resolution on preparations for the European Council meeting (27-28 June 2013) - European action to combat youth unemployment
- 2013/06/19 2013/2679(RSP) Preparation of the Commission Work Programme 2014
- 2013/06/19 2013/2681(RSP) European emergency number 112: non-implementation of resolution of Parliament of 5 July 2011 and Article 26 of Directive 2009/136/EC
- 2013/06/19 2013/2682(RSP) US NSA surveillance programmes, involvement of IT-companies, national intelligence services and impact on EU citizens privacy
- 2013/06/19 2013/2683(RSP) Floods in central European countries
- 2013/06/19 2013/2684(RSP) Closure of Greek national broadcasting company