Parltrack is a European initiative to improve the transparency of legislative processes. It combines information on dossiers, representatives, vote results and committee agendas into a unique database and allows the tracking of dossiers using email and RSS. Most of the data presented is also available for further processing in JSON format. Using Parltrack it's easy to see at a glance which dossiers are being handled by committees and MEPs.
Parltrack currently monitors the European law-making using the data available from europarl.europa.eu. The data is being scraped from OEIL, EP plenary minutes, online MEP profiles, IPEX and parliamentary committee agendas.
The EP releases this data under the following terms:
As a general rule, the reuse (reproduction or use) of textual data and multimedia items which are the property of the European Union (identified by the words '© European Union, [year(s)] – Source: European Parliament' or '© European Union, [year(s)] – EP' ) or of third parties (© External source, [year(s)]), and for which the European Union holds the rights of use, is authorised, for personal use or for further non-commercial or commercial dissemination, provided that the entire item is reproduced and the source is acknowledged.
As long as the European institutions do not provide everything as raw data in open machine-processable formats, there can always be some errors in the data being scraped, so all warranties for the fitness of this data are void.
The image of the EP plenary is by Stefan Marsiske, under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
* we opt to ask you to donate instead of selling your private data.
Parltrack is inspired by Tratten.
The following persons have earned eternal gratefulness for directly contributing to Parltrack Erik, Peter, Asciimoo, Smari, Sandra, Niels, Andreas, Rufus, Michel, Eric, Xavier, Jeremie, Bram, Pudo, Kirsten, Karsten, Javier, Rejo, Ante, Walter, Benjamin, Glyn, Ton, Gijs, Felix, Anne, Theodora, Danya, Matthias, André, Cory, Marco.
The maintainer(s) of Parltrack would like to express their deepest datalove to its supporters during the Parltrack 2013 funding campaign: András Veres-Szentkirályi, Julien Rabier, Rafael F.Font, tilmann_ch, Yoann, lowry1, Mélissa Richard, Mael Bunet, Karsten Gerloff, Rémont, Fabian Hanneforth, Tomas Hecker, Markus Ostenried, Felix Erckenbrecht, Walter van Holst, Mario Gustke, Lucie Post, David Gayou, Jacques Kreitmann, Sara Magdalena Goldberger, Felix Treguer, wintersolutions.de, Nico Madysa, Dave Durant, Daniel Bohrer, Kai, Jonathan Gray (@jwyg), Kai Nikulainen, Jérôme Lang, Ulrich Maasmeier, Dr. Maximillian Dornseif, Thorsten, David Hermanns, Christian Drieling, Piet, Ulf Mayer, Manfried Meyer-Stumpf, Forskningsavdelningen, Claudia Borges, Johannes Jähnke, Marco Nolden, Fabian Hanneforth, fin, Herbert Waloschek, Frederic, Lutz Mache, Alain, Raphael Brandis, Alek Tarkowski, Tilmann Z, Alexander Mikhailian, Jean-Grégoire Foulon and a bunch of anonymous supporters.
- Number of MEPs: 4015
- Number of Dossiers: 12529
- Number of Votes: 96155
- 2014/10/23 2014/2099(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Environment Agency (EEA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2101(DEC) 2013 discharge: Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union (CdT)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2102(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2103(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Union's Judicial Cooperation Unit (Eurojust)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2104(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Training Foundation (ETF)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2105(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2106(DEC) 2013 discharge 2013: European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2108(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2111(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Railway Agency (ERA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2112(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Police College (CEPOL)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2113(DEC) 2013 discharge 2013: European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders (Frontex)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2114(DEC) 2013 discharge: European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2115(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Fisheries Control Agency (EFCA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2116(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2118(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Police Office (Europol)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2120(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Banking Authority (EBA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2121(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2122(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2124(DEC) 2013 discharge: Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2125(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
- 2014/10/23 2014/2126(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Asylum Support Office (EASO)
- 2014/10/24 2014/2129(DEC) 2013 discharge: European Joint Undertaking for ITER and the Development of Fusion Energy (Fusion for Energy)
- 2014/10/24 2014/2130(DEC) 2013 discharge: SESAR Joint Undertaking to develop the new generation European air traffic management system
- 2014/10/24 2014/2131(DEC) 2013 discharge: Clean Sky Joint Undertaking
- 2014/10/24 2014/2132(DEC) 2013 discharge: Artemis Joint Undertaking to implement a Joint Technology Initiative in Embedded Computing Systems
- 2014/10/24 2014/2133(DEC) 2013 discharge: IMI Joint Undertaking for the implementation of the Joint Technology Initiative on Innovative Medicines
- 2014/10/23 2014/2134(DEC) 2013 discharge: Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH Joint Undertaking)
- 2014/10/24 2014/2858(RSO) Election of a Vice-President of the European Parliament
- 2014/10/24 2014/2867(RSP) Presentation of the Court of Auditors' annual report - 2013
- 2014/10/24 2014/2885(RSP) Amendment to Protocol 31 to the EEA Agreement, on cooperation in specific fields outside the four freedoms, concerning the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation ("EaSI") and to the European Progress Microfinance Facility for employment and social inclusion
- 2014/10/24 2014/2906(RSP) Peace process in Northern Ireland
- 2014/10/24 2014/2909(DEA) Annual national ceilings and the annual net ceilings for farmers; annual breakdown of Union support to rural development
- 2014/10/24 2014/2922(RSP) Humanitarian situation in South Sudan
- 2014/10/24 2014/2924(RSP) Amendment to Protocol 31 to the EEA Agreement, on cooperation in specific fields outside the four freedoms, concerning cooperation regarding free movement of workers, coordination of social security systems and measures for migrants, including migrants from third countries